If you’re anything like me, you’re probably looking for a last minute treat recipe for tonight’s party of perhaps tomorrow’s brunch. Lucky for you, these cookies are both delicious and simple! Cypressa send me something every month and task me with getting creative so that not only I can enjoy a new recipe (which I would have never otherwise tried) but so that their customers can enjoy a wider variety, too.
Most of my recipes now consist of what I have been sent by Cypressa, because they usually send me something I am not familiar cooking with so it pushes me to experiment and try something I would never usually try. I’m constantly experimenting in other ways which you won’t see, but feel free to drop me a message or get in touch via social media if you’ve got any questions or need some advice. Since being diagnosed with Endometriosis last year and gradually becoming vegan this year, I have been on a massive learning curve and there is just so much information bottled up in my little brain that I do hope to get out and on to this blog but it all takes time. That’s why I encourage people to just ask away if they are curious about something.My grandmother is also a baking, cooking and life veteran, so if I don’t know, she definitely will!
Anyway, down to what you’re all here for, here are the pistachio oat cookies. I took inspiration for this one from Feastie and changed up a few things. One thing I will say, is that this recipe is measured in cups, and although I didn’t use a measuring cup, I just made sure the cup I used for every ingredient was the same one so that my quantities turned out the way they should. I do this all the time FYI – I’m more of a cook by eye type of person so this for me is the best way to measure things and get them into a recipe
- 2 cups of uncooked oats
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup wholegrain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder / bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup golden syrup
- 1 vanilla pod (remove the seeds)
- 1 tsp himalayan sea salt
- Zest of 1 large orange
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sultanas (soaked in hot water and drained before adding to the cookie dough)
- 75g Cypressa Pistachio Kernels (toasted and roughly chopped – you can do this yourself)
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut flour, wholemeal flour, ground almonds, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, orange zest and vanilla pod seeds until the mixture is well combined
- Cover the sultanas in boiling water and leave to the side to soak
- In another bowl, combine the olive oil, coconut oil (melted) and golden syrup.
- Mix the wet contents into the dry mixture with a wooden spoon and stir until everything is combined well. Leave the mixture to sit for 10 minutes while you prepare the pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
- On a medium heat in a dry pan, toast the pistachios for 5 minutes
- Roughly chop the toasted pistachios and add them to the cookie dough
- Drain the sultanas and add them to the cookie dough and combine well
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper
- Using a tablespoon, scoop some cookie dough into your hands. Roll the cookie dough into the shape you desire (I did balls then pressed down)
- When you have filled the baking tray with cookies, place in the oven for 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven and leave to cool *
*you may need to do more than one batch depending on the size of your baking tray. I made 25 cookies from this recipe.
I hope this satisfies your craving for something naughty and sweet as we enter the new year. And I wish you all a fulfilling, successful, joyous and content New Year to come!
Live, Love, Create Enjoy!