The flapjacks just don’t stop. In an attempt to make healthy and on the go breakfast and snack alternatives, I’ve gone absolutely flapjack crazy. The reason is, they’re packed full of goodness, energy and fiber; they are so simple to make, AND you can just pop a piece in your bag and go if you don’t have the time to make breakfast every day from scratch – which I’m guessing, is the case for most.
So, after my triumph with the date and walnut flapjack I thought another flavour I would love to have in this way would be chocolate and orange. Sometimes I just need that chocolate hit, but it would be good to get an increased nutritional hit, wouldn’t it? So that’s where I thought this would be a great idea as a flapjack. You get that flavour of chocolate without having to indulge in a sugary and nutritionless chocolate bar 🙂 *pats self on the back*.
- 3 squares of Organic, dark Chocolate, grated
- Rind and Juice of an Orange
- 2 tbsp of golden Syrup
- 2.5 cups of Oats
- 3tbsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl (oats, orange rind, grated chocolate)
- Mix all wet ingredients in another bowl until the syrup mixes well into the other liquids
- Mix all ingredients together
- Place the combined mixture on to the lined baking tray and spread the mixture out in to desired shape
- Cook for 25 minutes / until golden brown
And bob’s your uncle!
That was nice and easy wasn’t it? I also made another flavour, which was my wild card. But we won’t talk about that one… I’ll let you know if I manage to improve on it :P.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and share it with people to help them too have an easier, healthier lifestyle!
Live, Love, Create, Enjoy