Depending on whether you class honey as Vegan or not, this could be a vegan recipe! If you do not class honey as Vegan, maybe sub it in for maple syrup, simples :).
This is so easy and was so delicious! I will definitely be making more variations of these! Everyone who tried this loved it so I am really proud of this one as I made it up on the spot! The only things I knew I wanted to be in this were dates and walnuts.
- 2 ripe Bananas, mashed
- 2 tbsp (liquid) Raw Honey (or syrup, like I said)
- 150g Walnuts, crushed / chopped up in to smaller chunks
- 100g Chopped Dates
- One cup sunflower seeds
- Three tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 3/4 cups Oats
- NOTE: you may need to add more/less Honey/oats to achieve your desired flapjack consistency
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Mash the bananas and mix it with the honey and melted coconut oil in a bowl
- In a separate larger bowl, mix all other ingredients
- Combine the two mixtures to coat the dry ingredients in the banana and honey mixture so that everything can bind
- Line a baking tray with grease-proof / baking paper
- Put the combined mixture on to the grease-proof paper and use your hands or a rolling pin to flatten it out across the baking tray. I tried to use my hands but resorted to a rolling pin!
- Put in the oven to bake for 25 minutes / until golden
- Remove and serve.
This is delicious still hot! It is a great breakfast might I add.
This was really simple and easy! I hope you like it!
Live, Love, Create, Enjoy