If you’re Greek, you’ll probably know this one with your eyes closed! I love it, it’s so easy, simple and delicious! It is also served with cubes of fried potatoes but I’m not always a massive fan of that if I’m trying to keep it light and belly-cramp free!
If you’d like to add potatoes in a healthier way you’ll need parboil some cubed potatoes, mix them with some cooking oil and chopped courgettes and whisked eggs in an oven dish and put in the oven for about 30 minutes.
This obviously will take a bit more preparation but is very easy to leave, do whatever you need to and come back!
To serve one meal or two sides
- Two Eggs – Whisked
- A Courgette, Chopped (however you like, it’ll still taste the same, promise!)
- A tea spoon of coconut oil (or any preferred cooking oil – NOT olive oil) – This is OPTIONAL. It actually works well without oil too – I like the oil for extra flavour!
- Wash and Chop the courgette. Heat a pan with (or without) chosen tea spoon of oil
- Throw the courgettes into the heated pan and cook for approx. 7-10 minutes. While you wait for the courgettes to cook, whisk the eggs (adding milk if you usually do to scrambled eggs) and season with salt & pepper [& Chilli, garlic, piri piri – whatever takes your fancy!]
- When the courgettes have cooked to your ideal liking, splash the seasoned, scrambled eggs over them
- Cook until the eggs are fully scrambled
- Thank me later
So simple! And that is what is droulla is about! We all know that we don’t have time anymore to be slaving away in the kitchen over time consuming meals – and with so many misconceptions that healthy is not easy I want to help prove that wrong! When I eat badly I feel terrible, I look terrible and I just don’t have the energy to do anything! I hope I can help anyone who comes across my blog to live a more energetic and health conscious lifestyle!
You’ll come across the occasional naughty bits on here but let’s face it, it’s 100% necessary. If you’re feeling naughty-ish, you should take a look at these two posts, (which also don’t take very long): Lemon cheesecake (without cheese) and my Decadently moist chocolate cake!
Live, Love, Create, Enjoy