I’m always craving something to dip in a runny, soft boiled egg, and I believe I’ve found the perfect companion! a scrummy paleo load that is packed full of protein, healthy fats and free of any refined ingredients! This one didn’t last long, my grandad and myself were finding any excuse to scoff some down, and now it’s time for me to share the recipe so that you can do the same!
- Two cups of Almond flour (I actually used ground almonds – yes, it’s the SAME THING!!!)
- Three heaped tablespoons of Coconut flour (or Dessicated coconut – again, same thing, but the texture will be slightly different!)
- 5 eggs, Whisked
- Two table spoons of melted coconut oil
- Two table spoons of honey (or syrup, or agave nectar or water for moisture)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup of ground flax (or you can grind up your own flax seeds)
- 1/2 cup of Almond milk, coconut milk or water (this is for added moisture so the misture isn’t too heavy!
- A table spoon of cider vinegar / wine vinegar to avoid any eggyness in the smell and flavour
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
- Grease a bread tin... It doesn’t matter what shape as it will still taste delicious. Just think about how you will most prefer it to be shaped!
- Mix all the dry ingredients together (coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda, flax)
- Whisk the eggs and add the other ingredients to the eggs
- Mix ALL ingredients together
- Put your ingredients in the greased baking tin (if it is suuuuuper sticky, add a bit more liquid of choice otherwise it will be really heavy)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes
- Stick a knife through the middle and if it comes out clean, you’re done!
Well that was easy, wasn’t it! Honestly. I bet you could make this with any ground up nut or seed! If you fancy trying it, let me know! Adapted from sheknows.com
This is how i served it for breakfast the next morning:
Two perfectly runny eggs, avocado and grilled almond soldiers!!!
Yum, om nom. I think next I’ll do a post on the perfect runny egg!!!
Live, Love, Create, Enjoy!